I Wish I Was In Dixie Land

«Dixie» es una canción estadounidense de 1859, compuesta por Daniel Decatur Emmett. Fue muy popular en el ejército sudista durante la Guerra de Secesión.
La palabra Dixie o Dixieland se utilizaba en Estados Unidos para designar a los estados del sur del país.


Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten, (Alternate Original words "Cinnamon seed and sandy bottom,")
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.

Optional Verses

Ole Missus marry "Will the weaver"
Willum was a gay deceiver
Look away! Look away! Look away!
Dixie Land.

But when he put his arm around 'er,
He smiled fierce as a forty pounder,
Look away! Look away! Look away!
Dixie Land.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario